I have already cast my vote.
I will be away from home on Election Day, so I sent it in by post.
And I really struggled with where to where to put my ‘X’. The truth is that I didn’t want to support any of them; that I feel completely betrayed by all of them. Voting matters though and so I gave my support to the candidate who appeared to me to represent the least worst option.
But it wasn’t much of a choice. (And, by the way, how on earth did we end up in a place where ‘least worst option’ was the best that anyone could offer.)
The Conservative-led governments of the last ten years have:
- Decimated policing (cutting 44,000 officers and staff between 2010-18)
- Decimated the criminal justice system
- Decimated the prison system
- Decimated the probation service
- Decimated pretty much every other part of the public sector
- Overseen a catastrophic increase in child poverty
- Overseen a catastrophic increase in homelessness
- Overseen a catastrophic increase in Foodbank use
And so it goes on.
Austerity was a conscious, deliberate political...
Continues, Read More...