Upon arrival found a 22 Y/O female unresponsive lying on the floor of her bedroom with her fatherÂ performing CPR on her.
He states that he last saw herÂ alive a hour ago and then found herÂ on the floor unconscious before calling 911.
HeÂ states she has a history of heroin abuse and there is a used needle sitting next to her.
She is unresponsive, with no palpable pulse, and she is apneic.
52,404 Americans died of overdoses in American last year. Â Some died in their homes and were found by family, others were found by strangers in places like public restrooms, parked cars and motels that rent by the hour. Â We in EMS bear witness.
143 more Americans will die this way tomorrow.