Representatives of the Fire Brigades Union met the English Fire Minister, Brandon Lewis, this week to discuss the governmentâ€™s proposals for firefighter pensions.
Another meeting is scheduled for Tuesday 28 January, with the FBUâ€™s Executive Council meeting the next day.
Earlier this week, FBU general secretary, Matt Wrack, sent an update to members on the campaign.
The circular covers:
- progress in Northern Ireland
- the proposed contribution increases for 2014 in England, Wales and Northern Ireland
- the governmentâ€™s consultation on increases to pensions in England in 2015
- a recent YouGov survey of FBU members over pensions
- potential legal challenges to the Governmentsâ€™ pension proposals.
- ongoing discussions with the Fire Minister in Westminster.
- the possibility of further strike action
- a parliamentary motion opposing further increases in pension contributions
You can read the circular here.