FIREIFIGHTERS rescued eight dogs reviving two of them with oxygen after an intense fire in a back garden in Little Hulton.
A crew from Farnworth and Atherton were called to Keynon Way at 7.14pm, Sunday, May 18, following reports of a fire involving a range of kennels in a back garden.
Watch Manager John Duffin said: â€œWe think the fire was caused by a puppy that jumped up and knocked a heat lamp over.
â€œThe lamp ignited straw on the floor and the fire tore through the kennels very quickly. When we arrived the scene was chaotic and the fire was quite intense.
â€œA neighbour, who had tried to put the fire out with a garden hose, was trapped in the back garden and our first priority was to make sure he was safe.
â€œWe rescued eight dogs and revived two of them with oxygen â€“ unfortunately four dogs died in the blaze.â€ Â
The crew used four firefighters in breathing apparatus, two hose reels and a water jet to extinguish the blaze.