A child car safety seat is one of the most important safety products you will buy and takes just seconds to check. Previous events in Norfolk revealed that around half of the car seats checked were not fitted correctly so we offer free checks to help keep your children safe.
From next week, a number of free events are being held across the county providing an opportunity for Norfolk County Council experts to make sure they are fitted correctly and offer safety advice at the same time.
The County Council’s Fire and Rescue Service and Casualty Reduction Team are working in partnership to hold the events which are taking place between 10am and 2pm at the following locations on the following dates:
• Waitrose, Cromer Rd, North Walsham - Tuesday 11 August
• Tesco, Harford Bridge, Norwich - Wednesday 12 August
• Morrisons, Holt Rd, Cromer - Thursday 13 August
• Sheringham Station Car Park - Friday 14 August
• Budgens, Kerridge Way, Holt - Saturday 15 August
• Tesco, Old Market Rd, Stalham - Monday 17 August
• Tesco, Norwich Rd, Aylsham - Wednesday 19 August
Child car seats are a legal requirement and make children far less likely to be seriously hurt in a road traffic collision. But they have to be correctly fitted and adjusted to offer maximum protection.
As the summer holidays are now in full swing, it is hoped parents and families will come along to one of the events. The Fire and Rescue Service will have a fire appliance at each event and community safety officers on hand to offer home fire risk safety advice as well as general fire safety tips.
Norfolk County Council's road safety officers will be able to check the fitting of seats and give other road safety advice.