Agencies from across the county will be coming together next week (19-21 October) for the next Crucial Crew event.Â
The North Norfolk Crucial Crew, taking place at Greshamâ€™s Prep School in Holt, will see 450 children take part in theatre-style scenarios and mock up hazards in a safe environment.
Co-ordinated by Norfolk County Councilâ€™s Fire and Rescue Service, the event will use ten-minute interactive sessions to teach vital safety tips.
Following next weekâ€™s event over 42,900 young people (Year 6 pupils) will have attended Crucial Crew since it started in 2003.
Kristie Burdett, Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service Co-ordinator and Community Safety Team Manager, said: â€œWe continue to receive a fantastic response from local schools wanting to take part in Crucial Crew. The events are a great way for youngsters to learn about safety messages protecting themselves and their families.
â€œWe are looking forward to our 7th North Norfolk Crucial Crew bringing more safety challenges to Year 6 pupils. North Norfolk presents pupils with both coastal and rural environments so we aim to arm them with valuable safety awareness to confidently make the right choices. From fire safety at home, to coastal safety and first aid we welcome another opportunity to work together in supporting our young people.â€
The Agencies taking part and the scenarios are as follows:
1. Norfolk Constabulary â€“ Personal Safety
2. Norfolk Prepared â€“ Household Emergency Box
3. The Magdalen Group Jigsaw Project â€“ Internet Safety
4. H.M. Coastguard â€“ Seaside Safety
5. National Grid â€“ Gas Safety
6. St John Ambulance â€“ First Aid
7. The Matthew Project â€“Smoking, Alcohol and Drugs awareness
8. Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service â€“ Fire Safety in the Home
9. UK Power Networks â€“ Electrical Safety