Man dies after taking drug at Birmingham nightclub
January 3, 2016, 2:01 pm
A man who is believed to have taken a contaminated drug at a Birmingham nightclub has died in hospital.
The 18-year-old man from the Chelmsley Wood area was taken to hospital on New Yearâ€™s Day after taking what police believe was a â€˜bad batchâ€™ of a suspected class A drug.
Four other people had also been admitted to hospital but they have all now been released and are recovering at home.
View full article on Crime and Justice - UK Crime News
Detectives believe the drug was in the form of a tablet and was being distributed inside the Rainbow Club in Digbeth on New Yearâ€™s Eve and New Yearâ€™s Day.
Officers are continuing to appeal for information about the drugs and want to speak to two men and a woman who may have been distributing it. One of the men and the woman were mixed race and the other man was white and wearing a fluorescent jacket and white shirt.
Any users are urged to exercise extreme caution and dial 999 at the first sign of becoming unwell.
Anyone who was at the club on New Yearâ€™s Eve or New Yearâ€™s Day and has any information that could help police should contact Detective Inspector Greg Evans on 101 or call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
For the facts on drugs and details on local support groups visit:www. birminghampublichealth.co.uk
Contact Crimestoppers anonymously with information about crime