1. Don’t get coked/cracked/shit-faced to oblivion and start a fight-all of the aforementioned chemicals are not good for your heart…they place a massive strain on it. When you fight hard, the combination of drop in oxygen; increased strain due to unnatural chemicals; unnatural positions (prone/caged van/handcuffed) put strain on yourÂ CV system-deadly strain…
2. When the Police arrest you, stay calm. Remember: chances are, with a good brief you will be walking from the Police station within 3-4 hours. Police want an easy life-if you are calm-they will be calm.
3. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES: fight with; attack orÂ threaten the Police. They are likely to: get more people; CS you; TASER you; handcuff you; leg restrain you.
4. If for some reason you are handcuffed; leg restrained, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES continue to fight, swear, attempt to bite, spit at the Police as they will continue to use force on you to prevent same.
5. Should the Police arrive and you are genuinely defending yourself from attack: step back; put your hands up; say calmly and clearly you intend the Police no harm… Should the Police not believe you and arrest you follow steps  and .
I post this because once more we are in the frame for a death in custody… the corner in theÂ Lenny McCourt seems to have missed the obvious facts that if you are coked out of your face and attack the Police with a hammer, they may actually fight back-not wanting to die presumably.
Perhaps that’s the officers mistake…they should have let him kill a couple of them first…
Shame on them eh?
Love the parents comments… they hold the Police responsible.
Mmm… I don”t remember reading the Police force fed him beer, and insisted he attack them?
A TASER could have stopped this man dying… I suspect one zap would have brought him down to Earth and stopped his ‘excitedÂ delirium’…before it started.