There seems to be lots of talk in policing at the moment about something called ‘wellbeing’.
I’m no expert, but these are my ten thoughts on the subject.
(1) It’s People, Stupid
(2) We need to understand policing better – operationally
(3) We need to understand policing better – culturally
(4) We need to understand the impact of the current context for policing
(5) We need to understand Mental Health better
(6) We need to understand Trauma better
(7) We need to understand Stress better
(8) The need to learn from our experience of crisis
(9) Bad Management vs Good Leadership
(10) Unintended Consequences
Now. more than ever before, we need to look after the extraordinary men and women who stand on the thin blue line.